
Actually, here she was mad because I wouldn't let her eat the grass... but you get the point, yah? She REALLY loves her Mommy, and really has to see/smell/hear/touch me every.second.of.the.day. and makes the face above if she can't. :((
Back to my original topic: My booty got bigger, but stayed the same size. (Catchy isn't it?)
Yeah. Makes sense huh?
I ordered 3 pairs of Seven jeans online. When they arrived on Friday I was ecstatic. Finally! The first new pairs of real jeans that I have purchased in the last 3 years. Without a maternity waistband! Look! Real buttons!
I anxiously pulled them up around my thighs and over my hips and then...

What the... OH C R A P !
I held my breath and stepped onto the scale.......
In 6 months....
I've gained....
1 lb.
I tried again. Step off, step on.... 1 lb. Replace the battery... 1 lb. HUH? I think I see a pattern.
Check the size on the pants label again.... nope, that's right.
One of them has to be lying.
WTH? Do you see where my confusion comes in?
5 years ago I weighed in at a not-so-pleasant number over 200 lbs. Then I worked my ass off (literally) and lost 47 of it. Fast forward through 2 pregnancies and I gained 5 lbs each pregnancy, and then this mystery pound comes in, plus breastfeeding..... *mumble* divide by 4... carry the 1..... (how many of you are doing the math? haha) ...*mumble mumble* ..... and my head hurts. How could this one teesie weensie pound make a whole big pant size of a difference? I think I have it figured out...

See it? SEE IT!? Neither do I but the pie chart was fun to make... mmm pie.... but really, can anyone else figure this out for me?
I'll get back to you on that. In the meantime, the hubs and I are spring cleaning our cupboards. Time to cut out the sugars and "bad" carbs that have sneaked into our house. I have been looking into gym memberships and think I found the perfect place for us, which is a brand new step for me. (I hope that none of my friends have just fallen over dead after reading that sentence.)
I've never been a thin woman, and I don't aspire to ever be a size 6. At 5'10" and blessed (ahem) with cups that runneth over, I've joked that I am more like an Amazon for as long as I can recall. But kidding aside, I need to be healthier for my girls, and I need to be stronger for myself. I have a back injury that will just keep getting worse if I don't prevent it from doing so. It helps so much to have such a supportive man who is also taking the initiative to be healthier for his family. Yet again, he's my rock.
By my 30th birthday in August, I will be healthier and stronger, and as a result - I'll need to buy new jeans again.
That scale is going down!

...after one last trip to Coldstone.... I think I might be addicted to Mud Pie Mojo....

Back to my original topic: My booty got bigger, but stayed the same size. (Catchy isn't it?)
Yeah. Makes sense huh?
I ordered 3 pairs of Seven jeans online. When they arrived on Friday I was ecstatic. Finally! The first new pairs of real jeans that I have purchased in the last 3 years. Without a maternity waistband! Look! Real buttons!
I anxiously pulled them up around my thighs and over my hips and then...
What the... OH C R A P !
And not just a little pinch. We're talking these puppies would't close without some serious muffin toppage. I finally had to face the inevitable. The moment I had been avoiding since 2 weeks after Kindle was born....


I held my breath and stepped onto the scale.......
In 6 months....
I've gained....
1 lb.
I tried again. Step off, step on.... 1 lb. Replace the battery... 1 lb. HUH? I think I see a pattern.
Check the size on the pants label again.... nope, that's right.
One of them has to be lying.
WTH? Do you see where my confusion comes in?
5 years ago I weighed in at a not-so-pleasant number over 200 lbs. Then I worked my ass off (literally) and lost 47 of it. Fast forward through 2 pregnancies and I gained 5 lbs each pregnancy, and then this mystery pound comes in, plus breastfeeding..... *mumble* divide by 4... carry the 1..... (how many of you are doing the math? haha) ...*mumble mumble* ..... and my head hurts. How could this one teesie weensie pound make a whole big pant size of a difference? I think I have it figured out...

See it? SEE IT!? Neither do I but the pie chart was fun to make... mmm pie.... but really, can anyone else figure this out for me?
I'll get back to you on that. In the meantime, the hubs and I are spring cleaning our cupboards. Time to cut out the sugars and "bad" carbs that have sneaked into our house. I have been looking into gym memberships and think I found the perfect place for us, which is a brand new step for me. (I hope that none of my friends have just fallen over dead after reading that sentence.)
I've never been a thin woman, and I don't aspire to ever be a size 6. At 5'10" and blessed (ahem) with cups that runneth over, I've joked that I am more like an Amazon for as long as I can recall. But kidding aside, I need to be healthier for my girls, and I need to be stronger for myself. I have a back injury that will just keep getting worse if I don't prevent it from doing so. It helps so much to have such a supportive man who is also taking the initiative to be healthier for his family. Yet again, he's my rock.
By my 30th birthday in August, I will be healthier and stronger, and as a result - I'll need to buy new jeans again.
That scale is going down!

...after one last trip to Coldstone.... I think I might be addicted to Mud Pie Mojo....





0 comments: on "Conundrums and a Possible Addiction...."
Post a Comment