What better time of the year to bring up childhood memories – and better yet, childhood memories of TOYS! ^_^
The objective is to name10 things (toys, movies) from your childhood that you really liked to watch or play with and something about them.
The most awesome Bruce tagged me about a week ago. If you don't know him, you should, and if you haven't heard The Secrets you're really missing out!
10. Video Games
It all began when my Dad brought home and Atari 5200 when I was about 4 years old and the game Centipede. Centipede was followed by Dig Dug, Pac Man, Galaga, Pole Position… and others. We would play each game for a few weeks and then he would buy a new one. After about 10 games, my dad quit playing with the Atari and I played with a few of his friends. Then they stopped playing too. None of them seemed to be able to supersede any of this 4 year olds top ten scores... on any game that she played. *FLEX*
(None of you should mention the spankings I give while playing Tetris to my husband btw…)
9. Hot Wheels & Vanilla Home Run Pies
I bet you're wondering how these two things could possibly be related. Please allow me to draw you a diagram.

2 miles.
All I can say is that my mother should have paid more attention to where her 5 year old daughter was while playing outside on her brothers Hot Wheels. Perhaps I should ask her what she thinks happened to all of those quarters I always asked every adult I spoke to for.
8. Water & Sunshine
I am an ardent believer that every child should experience certain things. Based on my own experiences as a little girl green grass, summertime sunshine, flavored ice pops, & playing in the garden hose are just a few of them.
7. The Ewok Adventure & Ewoks: The
Pft.. nooooooo. I do not have a box full of ewok memorabilia in my closet including pez dispensers, comic books, a model of the planet Endor, color books, plush toys, and action figures… sheesh. And no you can't look in there either. Ahem. Moving on.
6. Backgammon & Monopoly
I think after the Atari years my Dad and I moved on to these games because he could win once in a while. I still argue that it's because there is a certain amount of chance involved. I'm not good with chance. Perhaps that's why I don't play the lottery.
5. Puzzles
I spent hours working on jigsaw puzzles when I was a kid. I would still put them together if I didn't have little fingers that liked to grab every little thing and place them into her mouth. For now Jigsaw Detective on Pogo.com will suffice. I can't wait to put them together with Aidy when she gets older though – Shh don't tell, I got her a few wooden puzzles for Christmas! ^_^
4. GI Joes
There is a house on
Is it just coincidence that I am married to my most awesome and devilishly handsome husband who's name is Duane AND that he has the Cobra symbol from GI Joe tattooed on his upper arm? Must be fate.
3. Wonderful World of Disney
Sunday night meant the end of the weekend, but I loved Sundays because it meant that The Wonderful World of Disney movie of the week would be on. My siblings and I would all grab our blankets and pillows at 8:00 pm and lay on the living room floor with a HUGE bowl of popcorn.
2. Boombox
I looooooved my "Boombox". It had a dual cassette deck AND CD player. Plus built in Subs. Hey, if you were 9 years old in 1988, you know that this was a very big deal. I know, I shouldn't brag…. But it was red too. I'll even admit to loving Mariah Carey, Keith Sweat, Paula Abdul, and Def Leppard.
1. Books
I read soo many books when I was younger. I have always loved reading. So much so that I can still remember the layout of every library I visited. My second grade class kept track of how many pages we had read for the year, I don't know how many I read exactly, because they stopped counting when you got to 10,000.
So, since I am lagging behind a lot of you have already been tagged. As far as I know though.....
You haven't.... sooo.... TAG! You're it ^_~
And OF COURSE anyone else who wants to play. Send me a link too cause I want to read yours!




0 comments: on "Top 10 Toys!"
Post a Comment