So I had the interview for daycare with Miss Aidynn this afternoon. I showed up right in the middle of all the kiddos and got to see the routine as they packed up one by one to go home. (Made me miss being a Nanny a little...)
She keeps individual daily journals for the children under 3 for their parents. She gave me a folder with all of her information, advanced year of holidays off (unpaid!), vital information. references - it was freaking BEAUTIFUL how organized she was! As she talked about how she ran her home I had an incredible urge to jump up and hug her. Her ways are MY ways! I went over policy and basics (license, insurance, schedule, routine, etc...) and she asked me questions about Aidynn and our life... and after all of the questions were answered - we just hung around and played with the kids and chatted for 2 hours! I made quite a few new friends under the age of 5.
After the 2 1/2 hours I flat out told her - "Well I just love you, and I would love for you to be a part of our family." She laughed and said she would love to!! Aidynn starts on Tuesday. (Monday is a holiday - der ... I forgot.) Then she said I was going to fit right in and that the rest of the parents would love me, and also that I was required to join them for their game night soon. Each of the parents I met when they came to pick up their children were wonderful. One of the fathers, Jesse, nearly had me in tears I was laughing so hard.
Hell, maybe I will just hang out at the daycare all day with Aidynn. I had a blast!
I can't believe that at the very last moment this perfect second home for my daughter fell so into place. I've already called Teri with the update and thanked her. I will be buying her flowers and taking her to lunch sometime this month to thank her. She saved me $460 a month, it's the least I can do for her!
Before Aidynn and I went to the interview I did 2 loads of laundry. After the interview we went to Raleys for "a few" groceries. Is there such thing as "a few" groceries to a pregnant woman?... at least I crave fruits and veggies. Which I have been terrified to get on a scale because of my growing belly.... but finally faced my fear this morning. I've only gained 3 pounds - scary huh!?
So... laundry up and down stairs, Aidynn up and down stairs, groceries up and down stairs, and Aidynn one more time up and down stairs.... and I am exhausted after my long day, and my back is killing me. I should schedule a prenatal massage sometime soon.... a little present from my honey.
Aidynn just went to sleep and I'm headed there shortly. I have to get up at 5:30 to get ready for baby 2's first doctor's appointment. I am so excited to see exactly how far along I am and can't wait to have the ultrasound next week so we can send pictures to Daddy.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments: on "Flawless Kismet"
Post a Comment