Monday, June 4, 2007

Life is good - but boring!


I am on maternity leave.
I am so bored being on maternity leave.
I keep hearing "Enjoy it while it lasts!"

BAH!

I think Aidynn is bored too. She is VERY active today.

Today I have gone through 2 boxes of storage (that I never had time to sort before) and tried to figure out where to put the hundreds of beanie babies I am giving to Aidynn in her room. I was going to get a toy hammock.... I don't think one hammock would be enough. I don't think hammocks in all four corners would be enough. *laughs* I think I might sort through and give her 30 or so of them and donate the rest to charity for Christmas this year (like I was going to do last year and then found out I was going to have my OWN baby to give them to!) Final verdict was to put them all back into the storage containers and wait for Daddy to give his opinion. So now they are in the living room... waiting. Duane brought up giving some of them to my nieces (I have 3) which is a good idea, but which ones? I was going to give some to Toby and Chessy, but they just moved and I know Danielle just cleared out a bunch of their toys. I think I'll go to Michaels when Duane gets home from work and take a look at their crates... I had a cute idea earlier, and it would give me something to do.

I also found a lot of the Star Wars things I was saving for the boys, but I think I decided against giving it all to them a while ago. Some of it is worth a considerable amount of money, and I wouldn't want it taken from them by their mother to sell on ebay. Back in the box that all goes too - more clutter. Maybe Duane and I should just break down and get a storage shed. We were talking last night while we were cleaning out some boxes, about moving when the lease is up, and thinking it would be a good idea to move to a 3 bedroom. That way we would have an office/craft room.

I said "Oh like we planned when we moved into a 2 bedroom honey!" *laughs*
He responded with, "Yeah, but what if we decide to have another baby?"
"Well, if it's a boy you would lose your office again..."
"I'll never let him forget it."
*laughs*

Anyhow. I'm contemplating whether or not to assemble (or attempt to) her bouncer and swing. Now that we have a place to put the crib I'd like to have that done too.... even if she won't be using it for a while. After everything is assembled I can actually decorate the walls! I decided not to paint, at least for now. So I think I just want to get some wall borders and decals. I found a really pretty lavender and pink butterfly collection that I like, surprisingly enough... because I don't like butterflies. I like caterpillars and lady bugs. Auntie Jonnalyn is going to be buying her crib set though, so we will have to wait until then to finish the decor. (Trust me I am fighting the urge to just go buy one so I can work on this project!)

Have I mentioned how bored I am?? I don't know what women who stay at home all day DO! I've sorted through boxes, I've cleaned, I've blogged, I've browsed craigslist, I've organized, I've eaten, I've web surfed for way too long looking for crib sets and nursery decor. I came to the conclusion that if you add the word "nursery" to any purchasable item (ie bedding, wall decor, lamps) it doubles the cost.

I have some more cleaning up to do... Duane will be home in about 2 hours. So I think I will do that... then if I have any time left over maybe put together her swing. and bouncer.

0 comments: on "Life is good - but boring!"