Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Aidynn's Room


I don't like my room. I like Mommy and Daddy's room better.

From day 1 when we moved into our new home, I began moving my toys into my parent's room. Even though they said, "Your toys don't belong in here Aidynn. Take them back to your room." I listened... but then I started moving them back into their room again later.

I also have always liked my own space, but I would rather sneak into bed with Mommy every night than stay in my own bed. It gets crowded sometimes when Kinny is in the bed too, but I make room.

I don't like the gate up on my door, and I don't like the dark. I don't like being upstairs all alone. I get scared. Then I get upset, and I can't use my words. Mommy gets frustrated with me, and wonders why I don't' like my room so much. She even bought me a new super soft blankie for comfort.

Oh yes, and Mommy is wondering why all of the sudden I always call her "Mommy" and not "Mom" like before. She is also a bit confused by all of the cuddling and hugs and kisses I have been giving her lately. She thinks that maybe it's because of all the time we are spending together now that she stays home with me all day. That's a bittersweet thought for her.

So, my room is ok to play in for a little while as long as Mommy or Daddy are upstairs with me. But I don't like it at all when I am by myself or just with Kinny. I'll keep climbing over the baby gate to get out if I have to. If I am anything, I am determined.

Mommy Notes: As I type this, Aidynn is sleeping in my bed. She fell asleep calm and quiet as could be with no fights at all - in my bed. We read the last few stories in our Curious George book and I told her it was time to go to her bed and she said, "Nooo Mommy." and covered herself with my comforter and laid on my pillow.

::sigh::

I pick my battles. She has been so upset in her room, and although I know there is nothing to be afraid of, I do remember what it was like to be a child afraid of the dark and being alone. With Kinny still waking for nighttime nursings, and Aidy sneaking into bed with me, not to mention the ever growing belly... I have a feeling my queen size bed is going to be pretty crowded for a while. I'll just keep reminding myself: They won't always be this small, and someday I will miss them crawling into bed to cuddle with me.

0 comments: on "Aidynn's Room"