It should arrive in 2-3 weeks!
I am so excited!
Duane and I bought our current bed from Ikea around November of 2006. We got the mattress, the slats, and the frame for around $500. You know that saying, "You get what you pay for."? I don't agree.
Because no one paid us to take this bed. No one could pay me to keep it longer than I have to!
FREE BED - YOU HAUL IT!
It is a beautiful bed however. Black brown wood, in the style Malm. We even bought two dressers to go along with it at the time. It is a low profile bed, only about 2 feet off the ground to the top of the mattress. It has a very simplistic eastern look, and I first admired it when my sister had purchased it in Birch color. Once we purchased it for ourselves, I slept on it..... and I survived... but after the novelty wore off and we had spent nearly $200 more on mattress pads just so that I could sleep on it while pregnant - and not the couch anymore - I was a bit more than irritated. However, with only me working full time and Duane part time and going to school, there was no room in our budget for the extravagance of a new, "comfortable" bed.
We were both starting from scratch in life together. We moved into our apartment without ANY furniture at all. I won't go too far into how amazed I am at all that we have accomplished together in such a short period of time. We truly are a force together.
Toward the end of my pregnancy, Duane had to help me out of bed each and every morning. On those mornings that I felt adventurous and more in touch with my independent spirit, I would scoot over to the edge of the bed after Duane had awakened, and laboriously roll my round self onto the floor on my hands and knees to do a sort of "wall-walk" with my hands into standing position; out of breath, but dammit I did it myself! Then I would pray that I made it to the bathroom because the exertion itself had put a strain on Aidynn who would let known her complaints in morse code on my ever-full bladder.
Now Duane isn't here... though I would give anything if he were.... but he probably won't be for the rest of this pregnancy.
I refuse to wall walk.... ever again. EVER.
Because of Duane, we do have room in our budget for a new bed. (Thanks babe. *smiles*)
So, now I will be waiting for the next few weeks (impatiently I am sure) for that beautiful mattress set.... with it's "luxurious dual memory foam" and "super pillowtop surface comfort" and "fireblocker fibers".... I can hardly wait!
On Friday, if I get a tax rebate of $900 as the government promises that I will (although I refuse to believe anything that the government promises and am certainly not counting on it) I plan on buying Duane and I THIS:
Ooooooooh...... elegant.... beautiful... classically romantic... low foot board for us tall folks.... and still the whole handcuff to the railing option. *winks* (Naughty!!)
I also am going to buy a new bed set.... as I don't think the one I have would match too well. (Green Plaid?) I'm thinking more of something in a rich burgundy... or hunter green.... perhaps some new satin sheets for the summer? I'm open to decor ideas as we decided to redo the entire bedroom. By we, I mean I, and Duane graciously is going along with my nesting instincts. I told him that our bedroom is OUR place and that I think we deserve to have a nice place to be together alone.
So my new mattress, box-spring, and frame are just the beginning. Duane painted our dressers beautiful princess pinks and purples when he was home - for our girls - to help with the Disney Princess theme in their room. (He did an amazing job as well!) I will be giving the wonderful Malm bed to the first person who shows up at my front door with a truck and asks me for it.
My bedroom will be completely bare.... even the walls!
Sounds like a good place to start!




0 comments: on "Holy Fireblocking Fibers!"
Post a Comment