Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Damn I've been busy...


SO.. a lot of you haven't heard from me for a while. Many more of you who have, haven't heard much, and havn't an inkling of what's been going on with me. Not because I don't love you, miss you, or that I am trying to block you out of my life, but because I haven't had the time to really communicate. When I have had the time, I've been too damn tired.

So - here goes:

I now live in Roseville.  I can hear most of you going "Yeah right liar". No, really. I escaped hell. Not only did I escape; but I gave it the finger on my way out.
I managed *mostly* to get past my co-dependency issues with my family and leave. Sure, I worry about what the hell (pun intended) they are going to do without me, and especially now that there are infants being raised by infants, I feel like they need me even more.... but unfortunately I need me too. In the last 6 months I have discovered SO many things about myself that I never knew, among those things was the fact that for so long I have expected everyone to hand me whatever it is that I wanted and when it didn't work out that way I sulked about it. I've never had to take care of myself. Someone has always (albeit voluntarily) taken care of me. I know, I know, woe is me. But really. When I realized this I thought, "WTF? I have no idea how to take care of myself, and since I don't want to depend on anyone but myself, something needs to change." So I changed my course. (There were many other reasons to leave as well, and any of you who did manage to leave the town you grew up in, you understand what I am saying.)

Along this road I decided to take, I fell into crazy love.

(You ALL know about this. I know I talk about him all the time. I know the lovey stuff makes you all sick. I won't go into details. I will spare you this time.You're very welcome.)

Anyhow, in the course of looking for (better paying, better hours, not so flaky) employment I became so beyond stressed. I typed up a new resume and started to look at jobs in the Roseville area through the SacBee online. I applied for a few call centers (my job is SO much better than a call center) and didn't expect much. Long story short- I applied for a job on Thursday morning, got called for an interview Thursday afternoon, interviewed Friday morning, got the job Friday afternoon, drove to Redding to get some things and tie up some loose ends on Saturday, drove back Sunday, started work Monday, had time to write it all down for you on Tuesday. (I was so thrilled that I still have the track record of never having interviewed for a job and not gotten it *shines her brownie button*)

This job is awesome. Good pay, good benefits, paid holidays and vacation, awesome coworkers, interesting work, my own desk space, and so much more. My biggest bitch is that I have an hour for lunch, I don't usually eat lunch, and I get bored easily. *laughs*

Yay me! I'm so excited about this job. I am so excited that I get to not only see the person I love more than anything everyday, but I live with him as well. There is bliss for me in domestication. (I know, I'm sick, but it works!) The entire 8-5 M-F bit is going to take a bit to get used to, as well as the traffic, but oh, it's so worth it.

So the company that I work for deals in batteries. All batteries. I get amazing deals on them, including camera and cell phone batteries and chargers. (If you knew what the price stores really paid for the piece of plastic you pay 50 bucks for it would make you sick.) I knew nothing about batteries until Monday morning aside from the fact that you put them in things and they make them "go". I now know considerably more, but not nearly everything. I am shocked that there was so much to know about something so common, and I had no idea. I do now.. I am sure that my brain is 85% more squishy than it was on Sunday. I like that. I have felt so starved, for so long, for knowledge. I don't even care what knowledge I obtain anymore, as long as there is something I am learning.

Which brings me to school. I really wish that I could have started this semester. I am so far behind where I would like to be that it is disgusting. On the other hand, however, I think it is good that I am being forced to take baby steps into this "life" thing. I burn out easily and I know enough about myself to be able to accept that.

SO.. to all of my friends and family in Redding: I love you and I miss you all. Please be happy for me. I realize while I sit here writing this blog entry, eating melty chocolate, and being tired after a long and mentally arduous day at work, I am truly the happiest I have ever been in my life.

It's about damn time. *laughs* Sorry, the spoiled brat in me just couldn't help it. ^_-

0 comments: on "Damn I've been busy..."