Sunday, February 24, 2008

Daily Life


Aidynn woke me up at 8 am this morning with the sound of, "Dada. *gabble gabble* Dada. *gabble gabble* Dada."

I had to smile. He's the first thing I think of in the morning too.

So, like most Sunday mornings, we get up and first change her diaper. For breakfast she has cheerios and yogurt, while I have oatmeal. We talk and play and soon after she will play by herself with her toys (where she is now) and then she will want a bottle and a nap.

This morning she kept looking out the window next to the table where she eats. The tree outside, that is covered in cherry blossoms is moving in the wind. BEAUTIFUL! I will have to post pictures soon. When I open my front door in the morning all I see are two huge flowering cherry blossom trees right in front of me.

It is really storming outside today.

Today reminds me of the day Duane and I got married. It was storming so badly that nearly half of Sacramento lost power and buildings and stores were closing everywhere. We had to go to a second social security office to get my name changed because when we got to the one in Carmichael it was closing. One would think that because of the storm the office would have been less crowded. When we got to the DMV, it too was closing because of the power outages.

It's Sunday. He will be able to call me for 3 minutes if everything went alright this week, and no one in his unit has ruined it for everyone. From what he says there are a few dumb kids who just don't get it, and seem to get into a lot of trouble.

He, however, is doing fantastic! I am so proud of him. He has been promoted to squad leader due to his leadership abilities in stressful situations. In simulation grouping, in which you need to get 6 shots within 4cm, all of his were within 1cm! That's pretty awesome considering he has only ever played paintball and first person shooter video games.

He did so well then, that the next day during live fire, he got 17/20 and his drill seargent asked him how long he had been shooting. I am sure you could imagine how proud he was of that!

I am so glad that he found something that he excels at while he is there. Being away from Aidynn and I is hard on him. He has said that true love and happiness have it's downfalls, because he has never missed anyone like this. I can totally empathize.

I try to be supportive, and I am still counting the days until his graduation. If I drive him to his AIT in North Carolina, we will be able to spend the entire weekend together. That just requires a bit more time, juggling, and planning. Flying into one place, hotels here and then there, flying out of another location etc. I would be fine with it, but I am worried about Aidynn. I want to make sure she gets enough sleep and is comfortable. As the date gets closer I will see what happens.

At the moment, Aidynn and I are fighting off colds. She has a runny nose and sneesies and coughs. I am alright, with just a bit more congestion and a bit more tired than usual.

I have had so little time this week to blog, that there is so much I haven't been able to write! I am quite proud of myself for accomplishing everything I had to do yesterday. I even did the laundry! AND folded it! Normally I would procrastinate until the last minute. (This is something even worthy enough of writing Duane about - he is probably thinking that when he gets home I will have a huge new wardrobe and he will have a mountain of laundry to do. ) I cleaned the house and filed the last of Duane's papers - I got a dual file cabinet last week to condense the 3 boxes of files we had into one. It is SO much more organized now. It's amazing just how much legal crap he has concerning the boys, and how difficult their mother has attempted to make everything for him. Even now, I had to allot an entirely separate file for new documents. I also cleaned the house - well all but the kitchen and vacuuming which is left for today because Aidynn wanted to play with me.

Today I should go grocery shopping, but I won't leave the house until after Duane calls. I have missed 2 of his calls so far. Even if they are only for 2-3 minutes, just hearing that he is ok and hearing him say he loves us makes me feel so much better. So now, on Sunday, I don't leave the house until after I have talked to him or after 5:30pm - he can't call after that. I remember when we lived apart while dating and we would talk for hours and text message at least 20 times a day.

Aidynn and I watched The Aristocats yesterday. I bought it and The Rescuers for her collection. I really don't like either movie, but Aidynn LOVES kitties.

Speaking of - right now she is sitting on the floor with her toys all around her, petting Joey and dancing to "What I Got" by Sublime. So freaking cute! Joey is a good kitty and loves the attention she gives him (usually).

I think I will go dance with her.

0 comments: on "Daily Life"