Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Perfect Christmas


So, we just got home about an hour or so ago from our Christmas trip to visit family and friends. Aidynn finally got to meet her Auntie Tara! It was a very long, but good weekend. Having a large family has it's moments of stress, but I know how truly lucky I am to have all of them.

Before we left Saturday morning, we let Aidynn open one of her gifts from Mommy and Daddy. She has a blast with the paper and loved the bows. The book was pretty exciting too. It's a sing along - now to get Daddy to sing the princess songs. All he sings so far is Queen.



We had Christmas at my grandparents house on Saturday night. They got Duane and I a microwave! Now I won't starve while Duane is gone.

Aidynn was SO spoiled. Slippers, and dollies, and snuglies, and toys,and outfits, a new booster seat - where she LOVES to eat her Zwieback toast. Zwieback is a new addition to her diet and she loves the fact that she can feed herself! It's so cute to see her. I gave her some green beans as well to "eat" on her own..... Daddy freaked out about her mess.





A few of my favorite pics from the weekend....
Aidynn loves her Grandpa - she is so lucky to have such a huge family that loves her.

Cousin Lily showing Auntie Kristi the candle - "Smell!" *SNIFF*

Aidynn was so tired at one point that she even fell asleep in Daddies arms!

My baby girl in her Christmas dress - so pretty:


It was a long weekend alright... there was so much to see and do for all of us.

Duane and I took a little break for ourselves on Christmas Eve....

We dropped Aidynn off with a "sitter" (Auntie Des) and spent a nice, quiet, romantic evening just the two of us. We went to the movies, had a chance to talk just the two of us, and had a nice room at an Inn with an in room private Jacuzzi. The spa was heavenly on my back. It was SUCH a nice present for us. (HUGE Thank you to my brother David for the reservation!!) We haven't spent time together just the two of us since.... before I was pregnant!

Oh to RELAX!!!

(Grandpa says that 9 months from now Duane and I will get our next Christmas present! I just told him that we would be alright with that.)

It was so nice. Of course we worried about our baby girl, but knew she was safe and alright with one of the only people we trust enough to leave her with for a prolonged period of time.

So now we are home (YAY!) and now we are figuring out dinner plans. Aidynn is taking a nap and when she wakes up we will have our Christmas at home. I can't wait for her to open her presents! I was so good!

I am excited about tomorrow. Duane went and got me a new engagement ring! Because of the holidays it took a little while longer to size it, but he had them rebuild the exact same ring I had before..... only this time, the center stone is nearly 1.75 carats instead of 1.25! WOO! I am so excited to have that ring back on my finger and what it stands for with it, and so happy that this Christmas everything was exactly as it should be.

Perfect.

I love my family. I am so happy.

0 comments: on "The Perfect Christmas"